Monday, July 19, 2010

The Simple Things

Here's another little something I wrote in my spare time:


I want you to share your heat when I’m cold

I want you to look forward to me getting old


I want you to make sure my hat is on tight


I want you to make sure my shirt is buttoned up right



I want you to look into my eyes and smile


I want you to make me laugh like I’m a child


I want you to dry my tears when I cry


I want you to never say goodbye



I want you to hold my hand real tight


I want you kiss me all through the night


I want you to have eyes only for me


I want your love to set me free



I want you to clean me up when I’m a mess


I want you to tell me I look good in this dress


I want you to say “I love you” regularly


I want you to say “You’re the only one for me”



Most people think they know what they want


Looking for love in the material things


Real love is not that hard


Real love is really simple



I want you to push my hair away from my face


I want you to understand when I need my space


I want you to give me medicine when I’m sick


I want you to know exactly what makes me tick



I want you to rub my feet when they’re sore


I want you to love me even when you don’t love me anymore


I want you to forgive me when I make you mad


I want you to confide in me when you’re feeling sad



I want you to cook when I’ve had a rough day at work


I want you to tell me that I’ll be your dessert


I want you to want me in your life


I want you to ask me to be your wife



I don’t want you to provide me with money


I don’t want you to provide me with fame


I want you to give me the simple things


The simple things tell me that you love me