Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So Ready

A short story written by yours truly. . .

I woke up this morning feeling kinda sick
I’m looking at the black roses you just sent
To make our love successful you have to be willing to pay the cost
But I guess you weren’t and now our love is lost
This is the dream I didn’t want to come true
But it did and you’re gone, now what am I to do?
I’m all messed up, my mind’s in a whirl
When we first met, you said, “Baby, I need a girl.”
You picked me and we were happy, I thought we had one love
Everything was perfect like it was blessed by God above
Now with my head in my hands I can’t believe this is true
I can’t see my future because I’m walking without you

I called my girlfriends over so they could help me through
They told me eventually I really would get over you
I was well on my way and then you called
But my recovery from you will not be stalled
I guess you miraculously had a sudden change of heart
And recognized the blame was all on your part
You called, you texted, you even tweeted me
The messages you left said holla if ya need me
But baby I’m so ready to let you go
I’m moving on so you should know
I’m not trying to make you jealous or play with your head
I’m just ready to put another man on yo side of the bed

I’m sitting in the tub preparing for my debut
I know I’ve done this before but I feel like I’m brand new
I’m ready to hit the club and get my drink on
Maybe some Ciroc, Nuvo or even some patron
I’m checking the mirror just one last time
My ego is pumped – damn I’m fine
I thought about calling to allow you one last hollalude
But I’m bout to change the game, play hide and seek with another dude
Whoever you gon’ be I’m ready to be where you are
I’m hoping to find a man that’ll make me wanna say aah
Don’t worry baby, I haven’t forgotten about you
I’ll twitter you a picture of me and my new boo

When I walked in the club they were playing my song
You know the one by Sisqo, that Thong th-thong thong thong
This night can’t go wrong; I can feel it in my bones
No distractions allowed so I’m shutting off my phone
Then I peeped him chillin’ on the other side of the club
Does he know what he did? I think I’m in love
He looked up, he saw me, started to slowly cross the room
He’s making me wait but I need him here soon
I watched as he walked over, I could see his muscles flex
His swagga was so strong he looked like he invented sex
I’m not normally so carnal but I can’t seem to help myself
He’s taking too long; I can’t wait for him to introduce himself

The anticipation is killing me, boy come on! Hurry up!
He gon’ miss this tryin’ to be fly, he ain’t no @SongzYuuup!
He’s getting closer; I can feel the goose bumps on my flesh
I turn away to order a drink. Let’s see if he passes the test
The bartender serves me. I’m about to reach into my pocket
A gentleman leans over and says, “Don’t worry baby I got it.”
He was leaning so close I could feel his heat emanating
He smelled so good, his scent was intoxicating
I take a breath and turn; this is the moment for which I’ve been waiting
I look into his eyes, his gaze is penetrating
His whole aura screams, “I’ll put it on you good and proper.”
I’m mentally breathless cuz this right here’s a panty droppa

He flashed a smile and my center turned molten
All the passion within me was simmering like a cauldron
This tall, dark, handsome man got me ready to commit a sin
I ain’t worried though cuz this situation is a win-win
We exchanged hellos and names; I shivered when he touched my hand
He was warm and strong. Mmmmm, this is a real man
He leaned in closer to whisper softly in my ear
He said, “No disrespect, but I wanna get you outta here.”
How strange is it you pick now to run across my mind?
It just strengthens my resolve to leave you far behind
My decision made I said, “Come on baby, let’s go.”
He leads, I follow as we head towards the door

We’re making idle chit chat talkin’ bout nothin’ in particular
Only thinkin’ bout the sex we gon’ have, hoping it’s vehicular
He signals valet, they go to pull up his ride
It’s a little chilly out; I’m plastered to his side
He retrieves his keys and opens up my door
As I get comfortable he hops in and the pedal hits the floor
We glide through the city headed towards my crib
I’m antsy and squirming – we gon’ get it in
He’s handling this car the way I hope he handles me
Confident, bold, daring – masterfully
He pulls up to the house, we quickly let ourselves in
We stare at each other in silence. Now let the games begin

The first kiss is slow, it evaporates my will power
He’s holding back but he’s ravenous. I feel I’m being devoured
His hands caress me slowly. Softly, yet with purpose
I plan to shatter his resolve and bring his passion to the surface
With very little effort I push him past his limit
The zipper’s stuck on my dress. He’s gonna have to rip it
Frantically undressing we head towards the stairs
We’re bumping into tables and knocking over chairs
We’re reckless and playful. We make it upstairs fast
I pull out my camera and we pose for the flash
I’m sending you this picture of me and him at my place
Before I pushed send I added LOL :)

We make it to the bedroom. I push him down onto the bed
Feeling naughty I said, “Put your hands above your head.”
I reach and get the scarves to tie his wrists onto the posts
His surrender to my passion is what I desire most
He allowed me free reign. I performed til we were satisfied
Now I’ve revved his engine; I’m ready for my ride
I’m scratchin’ him up badly cause the friction feels so nice
Got me singing in soprano like I’m Leontyne Price
The crescendo is building. Our bodies moving to the beat
Like the first bite of a cherry, the explosion’s oh so sweet
Tonight’s outstanding performance is of Oscar-worthy fame
My ovation was so noisy I bet the neighbors know his name

Our bodies intertwine as we descend the highest peak
My mind is in a daze and my body’s feeling weak
I was ready to make luv as proof I’m over you
But it didn’t seem to work and now I’m feeling blue
He senses my regret and tries to comfort me
But I can’t be consoled. Through my tears I cannot see
“Does he do it?” he asks as he gets ready to leave
I said, “He’s the only one.” With that confession I can breathe
As I walk him to the door I start plotting my return
Can I get you to forgive me? That’s my main concern
I know tonight was wrong. Now I’ve seen the light
To tell you all I’m feeling I sit down and start to write

I’m telling you my story hoping that you’ll understand
Being without you was never ever in my plan
Fulfilling my revenge has actually made me see
That I belong to you and you belong to me
Responding to my letter you sent a text that said let’s meet
In hopeful exultation I fly to you on love’s swift feet
I’m hoping for an ending that is only found in books
Your eyes will seal my fate with just one simple look
We meet. Our souls collide like comets in outer space
Our love transports us to another time and place
We fly like shooting stars into the galaxy high above
Enveloped in the warmth of supa dupa Jupiter love

No comments:

Post a Comment